Dry bars are giving recovered alcoholics a new medium to find sun in night-life activities!
In this interview Gabe speaks with Nic Sims. She is a member of a 12 step program and has used her recovery as a catalyst to open up her dry bar.
Nic is actually an Al-Anon member. She has found great recovery from the behavior of others and 30 years later she has found peace in her recovery.
Nic’s sober bar is called the Brillig Dry Bar.
It is a great interview in which you can learn about Nic and her story and also explore new options for night life.
In this week’s episode Gabriel and Nic discuss…
- Gratitude in “breaking the family cycle” of addiction.
- Keeping recovery fresh.
- Nic gives us a great non-alcoholic drink recipe.
Try the recipe for yourself!
Brillig Pomegranate-Rosemary Soda
- Make a simple syrup by heating up 1 cup sugar (brown sugar for a deeper flavor), 1 cup water, and about 3-4 fresh sprigs (about 4″ long) of fresh rosemary – bring to boil and ensure all sugar is dissolved. Let cool. Strain – store in fridge up to 3 days.
- Fill a tall glass (or highball) 1/3 with ice
- Add 1 oz (jigger) of pomegranate juice and 1 oz of rosemary simple syrup
- Fill to top with club soda or plain seltzer. Stir. Garnish with rosemary sprig.